The CFAA is the negotiated reimbursement mechanism for local fire departments` responses through the California Fire Service and Rescue Emergency Mutual Aid System. The sketching conditions for methods for calculating restitution are defined in Appendix A. Understanding the CFAA is recommended for the development of business practices when they respond within the mutual assistance system. Under normal conditions, travel expenses that occur in California are not refundable under the CFAA. However, there are unusual situations and an incident commander may authorize certain travel expenses related to a self-help response. All expenses submitted on a travel report must follow the procedures of The CFAA`s Schedule “H” (link to the agreement above). There are no exceptions to the documentation requirements in Figure “H.” The agreement also allows the authorities to continue to call for the intervention of volunteer firefighters to respond to emergencies throughout the state. Volunteer firefighters make up more than 30% of california`s local government fire department. Among the most important conditions of the agreement are fair and equitable reimbursement, transparency and guaranteeing the needs of California firefighters. As the Hog Fire in Lassen County continues to threaten Lake Forest Estates and the City of Susanville, supporting local firefighters in aid is a critical aspect of the state`s ability to respond quickly and effectively.
The wildfire, which began on Saturday, July 18, is currently on fire in the state`s jurisdiction and firefighters and fire trucks in Alameda County and Contra Costa County are on the front lines. The CFAA describes the repayment terms negotiated for local firefighter operations through the California Fire Service and Rescue Emergency Mutual Aid System. It allows the State of California and federal fire departments to use fire department personnel and local government equipment, as well as emergency assistance to the State of California and federal fire departments. This support is possible through a partnership with the State of California with federal firefighting partners called the California Fire Assistance Agreement (CFAA). This agreement was signed on May 1 and is applicable until December 31, 2024. Fire-saving assistance is available to states, local and tribal governments to mitigate, manage and fight fires in public or private forests or grasslands, which threaten such destruction, which would constitute a major disaster. The fire aid process is initiated when a state requests assistance from the Regional Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the event of a “major disaster risk.” The whole process is proceeding quickly and a FEMA decision will be made in a few hours. The Management Assistance Grant Program (FMAGP) provides a 75 per cent share of the Federal Government`s costs, with the remaining 25 per cent being paid by the state for actual costs. Before a grant can be granted, a state must demonstrate that the total eligible cost of the declared fire is consistent or exceeds the individual fire cost threshold for individual fires, the cumulative fire cost threshold, which detects many minor fires burning in a state.
Use, repair and replace devices Tools, materials and stocks Mobilization and demobilization activities. For more information on the FMAG program, visit FEMA FMAG`s website:www.fema.gov/fire-management-assistance-grant-program “California Fire Assistance Agreement is a vital tool for deploying mutual aid fire resources for all-hazard emergencies,” said State Fire and Rescue Chief Brian Marshall.